Amanda and I have this game we always play on the first day of classes. It is called "spot the freshmen" and we play it because we were once freshmen and did the exact same things (although we would never admit it). Since it was raining today, we didn't get to play as much as we would have liked. Even the most naive of freshmen know better than to wear barbie heels in the rain. That is mainly what we look for.... barbie heels, mini skirts, dresses, and UK gear (we don't mean just a t-shirt... we are talking shirt, cap, bookbag, etc...). The easiest to spot, though, are the new sorority freshmen. There were plenty today, wearing bright blue shirts. They all had nice clean bags and flip-flops marked with the appropriate letters. Amanda and I joke that being a college student is a lot like being in a herd of cattle (hence the title of this blog.... one of us......). The Greek system at UK completely supports this theory. Every sorority girl is tagged with her letters, and they herd around together. It's crazy actually.
Today was filled with other activities besides "spot the freshmen." I had two classes today. The first one was an intro to geography (full of freshmen lol). The second was a developmental psych class. I found out that my professor for developmental is the father of a girl I went to high school with. Small world..... Anyway, the professors for these classes seem nice, but it's only the first day. I'm sure that after the drop period is over, the evil side will come out lol. I had a couple of errands to run after class. I had to pick up a packet of info for my work study, and talk to a couple of professors about a meeting tomorrow. I'm a research assistant for two labs, and both professors decided to make our lab meetings the same night. One is at 5, the other at 5:30, and each will probably last no less than an hour. As you can imagine, it has been fun trying to figure that one out. I think it has been straightened out though, and my professor was incredibly friendly. Once again, I think it is because it's the first day(just give it time...) I already have some reading to do, and I'm bummed that one of my finals is at 1pm on friday of finals week, and that my first exam in the two classes I had today are on the same day. Oh well, life goes on.
Once Matthew gets home, I'm going to do some laundry and maybe try to read for my classes (pffftt yeah right :p). I really need to clean too.... I just wish I wasn't still sick. All of this would be soooo much easier.
August 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment