September 7, 2008
Awful Morning
Today has been one of those "just give up and go back to bed" days. I don't even know where to start. Matthew wanted me to make Chili today, so I needed to get up early so I could get it started and let it cook all day. I wake up at exactly 12:01 this afternoon. I hurry up to the kitchen only to find that the dishes had not been done, and every dish that I needed was in the sink... go figure. So I spend an hour or so hand washing the dishes (We really really need a dishwasher). I finish washing what I need, and some other dishes. When I put my big skillet on the stove, it starts smoking really bad. I wash it again thinking there may have been something left on it. I finally get it super clean and back on the stove, and put my hamburger meat in it. The smoke detectors go off for the first time since we have been in this apartment. I hurry up and open the patio door and try to fan the detector. It finally stops going off. I finish the hamburger and add the onions, only to pull out my crock-pot and find that it needs to be washed too! I wash it out, then get the hamburger and onions in it, and then attempt to open up my cans of beans and tomatoes. My can opener is a piece of crap, so I end up fighting with all four cans with a pair of scissors trying to open them enough to get the stuff out. It is cooking now, and I'm so happy because I was getting so frustrated. I don't think chili is worth it.... Matthew better enjoy it....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment