May 23, 2009

New Kicks

Today was the $1 flip flop sale at Old Navy. All the cool colorful flip flops that are usually 2 for $5 were only $1 a pair! So of course the bestie and I were crazy enough to try to get some :)

There was a limit of five pairs per person, so we brought along her aunt just in case we needed more than five (which we did haha). We were there for an hour and a half. We grabbed what we could (black and silver colors) then got in line to check out while her aunt hunted down the more colorful pairs. I ended up with six pairs to go with the five or so I already have in my closet! I just love flip flops, and it was definitely warm enough for them!

While waiting in line and fighting with the woman who tried to cut in front of us, I realized that I had not written my book review yet... so here it is!

Everyone Worth Knowing by Lauren Weisberger

I discovered this book in the clearance section of my local bookstore (and by local I mean big chain-store that I'm too lazy to google and link to). I read the back and thought it would be interesting (this is how I usually pick out my books). It was a relatively easy read with a predictable story.

Bette Robinson is a Manhattan girl working a monotonous job at a bank that she really doesn't like. One day she decides she has had enough and quits. Months later she finds herself in a brand new job for a PR firm. Soon, her public and private life balance dangerously on a very thin line, with her job pulling it one way and her heart pulling it another.

I won't give away any more info so as not to spoil it for anyone. There are a lot of characters, which can at times be difficult to keep up with. Some times I laughed out loud with Matthew looking at me like I had finally lost it. Other times I was just ready for the chapter to end. If you liked the Devil Wears Prada, you will probably like this book as it follows the same kind of plot since they are by the same author.

2 comments:

Brahmin in Boston said...

LOL!! So this was a very flippy-floppy day for you, eh?

I never saw or read Devil Wears Prada. I need some kind of coercion or coaxing to push me to those kind of movies!

But yes, I have had my share such kind of books that have put me to sleep halfway through!

Mama Mayhem said...

i can tell you this, kirsty. i used to work at old navy and $1 flipflops are not fun. :)

© Life's Little Adventures, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena