August 16, 2009

Starting Over

I apologize for my absence over the last week and a half although I'm sure you all understand. It has been an adjustment getting use to George being gone... but I'm slowly working through it and each day gets a little easier.

A couple of other things have happened over my absence.. some good, some not so good, but such is life. I had my last day at DAQ on Friday. My coworkers threw a little party for me! It was very sweet of them. They tried to make all the food healthy and low calorie for my weight loss (up to 10lbs now in 6 weeks!)...(although someone still snuck in chocolate chip cookies and snickerdoodles... not that I'm complaining). They all signed a card and everything. Unfortunately I was not there for the entire day as my mom was put in the hospital the night before. When it rains it pours. She is ok, but is having surgery on Tuesday to remove a huge kidney stone. I'm glad I am finished with work so I don't have to miss anything to be there with her.

On a happier note, Matthew starts classes tomorrow! Can you believe it? I made a run to Meijer with the Bestie to pick up notebooks, paper, pens, pencils, etc. as well as snacks for him to keep in his bookbag. He will be working during the day then going straight to class after work. I think it will be a total of 11 hours from start of work to end of class. I know he can do it. We have a wager going on to see who will get the most A's. Usually when we have an evening out it is full of indecisiveness with one wanting the other to decide what to do.... so for our bet, the loser has to completely plan a night out for the other! I think it is pretty good incentive, and we are both fairly competetive. I'll be sure to let you know how it goes :)

I have a ton of pictures to share, so I will try to get to those by the end of the week.

2 comments:

Brahmin in Boston said...

No need to apologize hon - I know it must be very hard to deal with George's absence. Just know that it will be ok.

This is so awesome!!!! I think the sneaky choco chip cookies are excused for such occasions :-) Hurray for the weight loss! Keep it up! I wish you all the best!

Wow! wish all the good luck to Matthew too!

Brahmin in Boston said...

Nacho Libre was crazy movie!

I hooted with laughter when he screamed 'Nachooooooooo. That movie was SO Jack Black!!

© Life's Little Adventures, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena