It appears that vampires are taking over the world. After reading the Twilight Saga four times I decided I needed a different dose of these blood-sucking beauties. (No worries, I will never abandon Edward, or Dr. McSparkly, or Emmett, or Jasper. or........).Dead Until Dark is the first book in the Sookie Stackhouse Series. Sookie is a waitress at a bar with a unique gift. She can read minds
Wait. That sounds vaguely familiar... keep reading.
Vampires have finally been accepted by the government as people and are free to roam at night. When one walks into Sookie's bar, she gets a nice suprise. She can't read his mind.
(I sooo didn't see that coming.)
(In case you couldn't tell, the previous comment is swimming in sarcasm.)
Anywho, Sookie takes interest in the Vampire named Bill. When murders begin occurring in her small town, though, Sookie finds herself trying to defend her vampire lover against the occusing eyes of her neighbors and keep herself alive in the process.
My thoughts: Overall it was a good and easy read. I had no clue who the murderer was until it was revealed to me, which hardly ever happens and was a nice change of pace. I don't want to compare it to Twilight vampire wise... story wise though, it was a lot less romance and a lot more lust. This series is definitely for adults whereas Twilight is more teen oriented. I'm not completely hooked, so I haven't decided if I want to read the rest of the series yet.

1 comments:
A-W-E-S-O-M-E!! I wanted to know what was the 1st book in the series!
Thanks to you now I have got it :-)
All my NMM friends are hooked on to it and they are now an avid watcher of True Blood (R rated)...
I watched Vampire Diaries yesterday. I was so surprised that there were SO many similarities between Twilight and VDiaries...
:-)
Post a Comment