So which would you prefer first? Hhhhmmmm, well, since I can't hear you (obviously) I'm going to have to pick. Haha!
We'll go bad first. I wouldn't want to end this on a bad note would I? Of course not! So here goes.
We are suppose to close on our house this coming Sunday. I have been so excited to close on the weekend so I can clean the house before we move our stuff in it. Also, almost every weekend in August is packed so I was happy to have the close on a free weekend. Well, our mortgage broker contacted us today and said he is still waiting for the auditor to look at the house. Unfortunately we cannot move forward until that happens and there is nothing any of us can do to speed up the process. We will probably have to put off the closing, but for how long I have no idea! Our lease is up at the end of August and I have to work/get ready for school/wedding stuff so I really need this to happen fast. The last thing I want to be doing two weeks before my wedding is moving!
OK, so on to the good news. Remember how last semester I was a TA? Well I had what is called a "half TA" last semester. I expected the same thing this semester (half tuition coverage and a nice stipend). I found out today, though, that I got a full TA (full tuition coverage and twice the stipend)!!! It's also in the psych stats class which I really really wanted to teach. I figured I would get the intro class, but nope! I'm excited to get to teach something different and very happy to not have to worry about tuition! Matthew is happy because my income will be close to matching his for the semester so financially we will be much better off.
It appears as though (most) things are falling into place. We only have a month left before the wedding (AAAAAHHHHH) and so much to do but it will all be worth it in the end :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Noooo! I hope you get past all the obstacles and close on the house.
I really want to see it when we are there! :)
Yay! I am so happy for you that you got twice the salary and the job that you really wanted! Nothing beats that!
Post a Comment