I realize that Thanksgiving is less than a week away, but it is still not here yet. So why in the world am I itching to decorate for Christmas?! It's a personal rule of mine that Christmas decorations do not go out until after Thanksgiving, but I'm finding it quite difficult to keep to that rule. I guess it doesn't matter if I break it because it's mine right? But I'm not so sure how hubs will take that...
I've spent most of the morning online shopping for ideas to decorate. At the moment I am very inspired by what I found on Pier One's website and I can't wait to go by there later today. I'm thinking of doing up the house in green, red, and white. PO has a gorgeous red tray for $10 that I am dying to get my hands on. I can picture it on our dining room table filled with a feathery green tree and lots of little metallic ornaments and a couple of candles. They also have the CUTEST votive holders I have ever seen. They are little wire reindeer! Squeee!
Hubs and I visited some family last night, and they already have their decorations out. My cousin had the neatest idea (which I'm pretty sure I'm going to borrow) of doing candy-themed decorations for the kitchen. Candy-canes and peppermints will still go with my color scheme, so I'm thinking I can make it work. My living room, dining room, and kitchen are on an open floor plan, so I need to make sure everything flows.
Ugh, I can't believe I am this excited already, but oh well :) I'll be sure to post pictures as I get stuff set up. It's been a while since I've done home-decor type stuff, so I'm overdue for a post anyway. I also have a few DIY ideas I'm itching to try out.
I really love this time of year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Oh I loved the red tray! Pair it with green decorations and you can already see Christmas! :D
Post a Comment