So 2011 is in full swing and I have been one busy girl! You know we have been in our house since last August and our living room is the room I struggle the most with. It's very open which makes for limited wall space which oddly equals less furniture space. And to make matters worse, there is a vent under our large window. When we first moved in, I closed the vent and moved the loveseat under the window. This arrangement worked fine when it was still warm out. The only other vent available to heat the living room is on the complete opposite wall in the dining area. Now that it's gotten colder, this plan isn't working out so well. I was inspired by a post a few weeks ago from Thrifty Decor Chick. She too has a very open living area with limited wall space. She inspired me because she did something non-traditional... so I decided to do the same. After all, there's no such thing as the couch police right? RIGHT? please tell me I'm right! haha If not and you don't hear from me in a while, well, you'll know why!
So anyway, onto the fun part. The before and after pics!
(please excuse the mess... I blame it on after Christmas shenanigans and trying to move everything out of the way to move furniture!)
Before:
Ugh. So much empty space!
After:
This new empty space feels so much more productive than the first empty space, if that makes any sense! Keep in mind this is before I finished cleaning! I've since moved the rug back and put the coffee table back in front of the couch. I think we'll eventually replace it with something rectangular or oval compared to square. I also have a plan for curtains and I'm trying to decide on wall decor. So far this new arrangement is working pretty well for us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I remember that room! :)
Hahahah I am getting the flash backs of "Stuck Like Glue" :D
It definitely looks much much better and open spaced too...
Post a Comment