You may have noticed things are looking a little different around here at LLA. I have recently realized that change isn't always a bad thing.
I have spent most of my life as a creature of habit, running from anything different. I would practically have a panic attack thinking about driving somewhere I'd never been or being in a new situation. Because of this, I have not enjoyed the flow of life as full as I could have. Now that I am aware of this, I refuse to let my stupid fears interfere with what could be wonderful opportunities!
It has been no secret that this past 6 months has not been easy. The details, however, have been a secret. I have been ashamed of myself and the things I have been through, and it's finally time to share.
For the first time in my life, I have failed.
I failed my masters comp exam, and it looks like I have failed my practicum class. This is the same class I've been driving all over creation for since January. While I did get a job out of the practicum, I am frustrated, angry, and, well, I'm not sure what else about everything I had to go through.
It's been difficult for me to accept defeat because that is so not me. However, I have decided to evaluate myself because of these failures. I have realized that counseling psychology is not my passion. I'm not very good at the technical aspects of it and I know it's not a good fit. I tried to keep with it because I had already put so much time, money, and effort into it but I realize now it isn't worth it! Why should I spend another second worrying, stressing, and crying over something I'm not passionate about?
So basically what I am saying is that as of right now I am no longer a graduate student. I am content with my BA along with my teaching job and my company. I don't know what the future will bring but I do know one thing:
I'm not afraid.
July 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I am proud of you.
Accepting that you have failed is not hard. Coming out of that is hard. And the best part is that you have realized that CP is not your thing. Some people spend half a life trying something that they would never succeed in.
No matter what happens know this - you are awesome and a kind person :) Keep your chin up!
Thanks girl!!
I think accepting that you've failed is a strong thing. We all have to do it sometimes.
Post a Comment