October 28, 2011

Insomnia

Not being able to sleep at normal times is really starting to take its toll.  I don't get to sleep until very late/early in the morning and then sleep for at least 12 hours. Actually, that's probably why I can't go to bed at a normal time.

At least tonight my insomnia is serving a purpose.  One of my SIL's friends is having a Halloween party tomorrow night (tonight? whatev.) and wanted me to make her cake.  I said yes earlier in the week not realizing the creeping crud would get a hold of me. Ugh I hate being sick! Anyway, I've been baking all night and making little candies shaped in fondant. My first run with fondant was nothing short of a disaster.  This time seems to be going a lot smoother so far.  Of course I haven't actually covered the cakes yet...

 Little candies.
 Pumpkins! I'll add stems once I open the chocolate fondant.
 Lollipops to go around the bottom tier.
The first layer of the bottom tier. I taped a sparkly black ribbon around the cake board. It makes me happy :)
I can't wait to see the final result.  I'd show you all the inspiration picture but I think I'll wait and see how well it turns out first!!

0 comments:

© Life's Little Adventures, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena