This wall art was super easy to make but took FOR-EV-ER! I wish I had taken pictures of the process... so my words will just have to do.
Materials:
-empty paper towel and/or toilet paper rolls
-hot glue gun and glue(duh!)
-spray paint
Instructions:
- Cut the rolls into even pieces. It helps to squish them flat. I used a cardstock straight-slicer-thingy and cut them into half-inch pieces. Each piece should end up looking kind of like a round diamond, if that makes any sense.
- Give yourself a TON of room.... I needed the whole floor!
- Spread your pieces out and organize into a pattern.
- When you're happy with your pattern, begin gluing the pieces together. This part will take forever but stick with it. I promise it's worth it!
- Once you're finished gluing, pull off all the stringys from the glue.
- Spray paint your art in the color of your choice. It may take a couple of coats.
- Let dry, hang, and enjoy!
As always with my projects, let me know if you try it and I want to see pictures!
January 2, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment