Friday was Independence Day. I didn't have to work, but Matthew did, so I relaxed around the house until he got home. When he did get home, we got ready and went to his parent's house. His mom had to work, but his dad grilled some delicious burgers and chicken for us. It rained most of the day, so we watched Mr. and Mrs. Smith until the rain lightened up enough to do some fireworks. We went out and had the little snapper things you throw on the ground, sparklers, and many other things (both legal and illegal....) His dad had fun lighting them, and we had fun smoking ourselves off the porch with the sparklers lol. We had to leave kind of early though so Matthew could get ready for work for the weekend. His position on the Geek Squad is called agent-on-deck, which means that if one of the agents that goes to people's houses to fix stuff can't do it for some reason, Matthew gets called in to do it. He was quite nervous since it was his first time doing house calls on his own.
Saturday, Matthew left very early for work. I slept in, then got up and packed my stuff for Indiana. I went to get my oil changed, top off my gas tank, and hit the road. Chelsea was already at Dad's when I got there, so we hung out for a little bit. Dad grilled some very yummy "daddy-burgers" and we also had potato salad and barbecue beans (delish! haha). Later on that night, we all went outside and had s'mores. It was so much fun! We had opened the camper to let it air out, and we were sitting in the lawn around the fire pit, so it felt like we were on a little camping trip! Anyway, some of the neighbors were shooting off fireworks (apparently the firework laws are not as strict in Indiana as they are in Kentucky....) so we sat on the driveway and watched some fireworks. Later dad and I went down in the basement and played a game very similar to cornhole. He won (no real surprise there) but it was fun anyway. I miss my dad and getting to spend time with him like that.
Our little s'mores layout we set up on each seat
Roasting Marshmallows
Yummy.... s'mores......
Sunday, we got up and went to church. After church, we came back home for brunch, and then I had to head back to Lexington. Dad gave me the pouty face, but I promised to come back up on my week off. As soon as I got back to Lexington, I had to run home to drop my stuff off and then head to Red Lobster for Matthew's brother's birthday lunch. It was fun, but afterwards, Matthew had to go back to work! I came home and unpacked and just relaxed until he made it home.

0 comments:
Post a Comment