Sorry I haven't posted in a couple of days. I hadn't really had much to say, then all of a sudden I thought of tons of things I wanted to blog about. Go figure. Anywho, yesterday was my cousin M's baby shower. She is having a little boy, and is due the day before my birthday :)
I went down with mom, and my sister met us there later. It was good catching up with everyone. We had good shower food (you know the drill... chips and dip, cheeseball and crackers, tiny sandwiches, little weiners drenched in bbq sauce) and fun games. We played the game where you have to pull safety pins out of a bowl of rice. HILARIOUS. Here is a video for your enjoyment... hope mom doesn't see thisWe also played the toilet paper game, and did a word scramble. We got a few good laughs out of it at least :D
There is a story behind myself and two of my cousins that I feel I should share. My mom, her cousin, and her sister were all pregnant at the same time. I came first on March 14th, Cousin A came next on March 31st, and M came next on April 6th. We were as thick as thieves when we were little, as you can probably imagine. For as close as we were, it is so weird to think of how different of paths we each ended up on. M is the first of us to have a baby. A is the first to get married (btw, there was no camo dress... mom was being mean... and I was gullible...). I am the first to go to/graduate from college. I wonder how different my life would be if my parents hadn't moved when I was little. All of my family is in London KY, and I grew up in Frankfort. Even though they are in the same state, they are very different worlds. Regardless of where we all are now, though, we are still cousins... still friends.


0 comments:
Post a Comment