I think I want to start with the story about money. Just keep reading, it won't be as boring as it sounds (I hope). Amanda and I were on our way to get lunch after class today, and she saw a dollar laying on the ground. After a couple of rounds of "pick it up" "no you pick it up" I picked up the money. It was actually $2 folded together. I was nervous about grabbing it, for a couple of reasons. First off, I'm pretty self-conscious anyway, so I didn't know who all was watching... which brings me to my next point. It could have been a psych experiment going on. You know, leave something like money laying out and watch to see if anyone takes it. Or maybe I'm just paranoid... whatev. Anywho, to make ourselves feel better, we first split it so we each got $1. Then, when we got to the student center, we saw an easy, guilt-free, way out of the money. There was a bake sale going on for Dance Blue. Dance Blue is an event that UK puts on every year to collect money for the children's hospital. I think it goes mainly towards pediatric cancer. So, we spent the money on chocolate chip cookies. We may have taken the money, but it went to charity, and we got cookies in return. Talk about your positive reinforcement :D So now we feel better. You don't have to tell me... I know we are dorks haha
So now for the story that led to the title of this post. As you may know (or not), I'm in a research lab for one of the psychologists at UK. He is said to be one of the top 10 psychologists right now in the nation, so it's pretty cool working with him. I have been in his lab since he came to UK fall of '07. This semester, there are only two of us in the lab that have been with him from the start. Everyone else came in at a later date. The other person, JimmyG, will do whatever Dr. D wants, even if that includes working weekends and nights. I use to pick on him for it because he just didn't know how to say no. I won't laugh anymore, because I'm the new JimmyG. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to be acknowledged for my work, but I don't want to be
taken advantage of. I will be working on a pretty cool project that is first of its kind. The bad part is that we are only running this study on Mondays, and Mondays were suppose to be my days off with Matthew. He asked me if I was available on Mondays, and I told him I didn't have anything all day. He said, "Great, so you can work for an hour... or more." CRAP! What have I gotten myself into? He also told the other people working on the project that I have a lot of experience running participants, and that I will be good for the study. At least I got a compliment out of the deal. I guess we will see how this goes. I'll keep you updated.
taken advantage of. I will be working on a pretty cool project that is first of its kind. The bad part is that we are only running this study on Mondays, and Mondays were suppose to be my days off with Matthew. He asked me if I was available on Mondays, and I told him I didn't have anything all day. He said, "Great, so you can work for an hour... or more." CRAP! What have I gotten myself into? He also told the other people working on the project that I have a lot of experience running participants, and that I will be good for the study. At least I got a compliment out of the deal. I guess we will see how this goes. I'll keep you updated. On a lighter note, I have managed to not fall today... but it's only 10:30, still have another hour and a half to go.... Now I think I'll go find JimmyG and we'll try and take over the world :D

3 comments:
OMG!!!!!! Seriously something is wrong with me!! :-D I am deleting this and answering her!!! HAHA
Sorry! *sheepish grin*
yeah DH also just sighs when he sees me on youtube now a days... he knows what I am going to look up
:-D BTW the best romantic scene for me was - during the night time Edward comes in and stays awake holding Bella. The expression on Edward's face when Bella sleeps on him was priceless!!!
::sigh::
Post a Comment