January 30, 2009

Be Careful

One of my television crushes is back on... that's right, it's American Idol. I have watched the auditions religiously, especially the Lousiville one. I really wanted to see if someone I knew was on it. I didn't see anyone that I knew personally, but I did see someone from the radio show I listen to every morning on it. I'll put the video on the bottom of this post for your enjoyment.

Anyway, while watching the Louisville auditions, I saw the preview of the so-called threat. I thought to myself "only in Kentucky would someone threaten the judges." When I saw this "threat" though, I was very disappointed with Paula and Simon. The poor guy was told no, and on his way out he said "Take care and be careful." Paula and Simon flipped thinking that his "be careful" was a threat to them. It SO was not a threat. I realize that there are many cultural difference between LA and Kentucky, but c'mon. We say be careful all the time, as a way of showing that we care for someone. I think they had it out for him from the beginning when Simon asked if he had a gun (which was just his cell phone/UK case). The whole situation was blown way out of proportion. Apparently they released a statement yesterday apologizing for the incident. You can read it on MSN here.

And now for your viewing/listening pleasure, I bring you.... Patrick

2 comments:

Brahmin in Boston said...

Ha! Talk about the communication gap. It happened with me and DH when we married. The state where I grew up used a bit different version of the standard phrase " do you think I am mad?". When I used to say that DH used to think I am saying "are you mad?". Poor guy he was so confused as to why I am calling him mad!!
:-)

Anonymous said...

You go girl! I was also traumatized at their behavior towards a fellow Kentuckian.. even if he was farmer-ish. The whole thing went over my husband's head because he ALWAYS says be careful. Pure Craziness I tell ya!

© Life's Little Adventures, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena