March 30, 2009

Another one

I have always been the kind of girl to go with the flow. I never wanted to do things that no one else was willing to do first. The Bestie is the opposite. She knows what needs to be done, and she does it with confidence and grace. Perhaps that is why we get along so well. She would figure out how to do things, and I would go with what she said. Together, we would get things accomplished. I'm very insecure with myself at times, so it was nice to have someone to "compare" with, especially when applying to grad school. I knew that she would have all the information we needed, and I went with it.

I did, however, decide that I needed to do something for myself, on my own. The bestie and I applied to UK's program, and EKU's program. I also applied to UoL's program on my own. My dad lives close by, so I figured that if I decided to go there I could move back home and commute. I found the information, filled out the application, made the phone calls, and sent everything in. I was proud of myself for my minor accomplishment. At least until I got a phone call from UoL over spring break asking why I had applied to one program and not another... I pretty much blew that call. I just knew that I was not going to be accepted. That's what I get for stepping out, and at least I have UK's acceptance.

Today, I got accepted to UoL's counseling program. It is so much more to me than just being accepted. It was that I put in the time and effort on my own, and was successful. Maybe I do have a chance at this life after all. I still have not heard from EKU yet, but I still have a major decision to make. This decision could be life-altering, and that is a lot on my shoulders at the moment. I will probably post about that in a little bit, but for now.... I celebrate :)

2 comments:

Brahmin in Boston said...

This is cool! It does wonders for your self esteem when you have tried something and it works out, right??

I am happy for you! So now you will be taking more risks or sticking to the safe route?

Young Traveler said...

Hooray for trial tests that turn out well! Here's to what's ahead.

© Life's Little Adventures, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena