I have spent the past twenty minutes debating on whether or not I should make this post. I realize that this blog is for me to discuss whatever I would like about my life, thoughts, etc. but I do believe that there is such a thing as too personal. Regardless, my family needs prayer so I am posting this to ask for your help.
I called my mom because I could tell something was wrong from her Facebook status (Yeah, my mom has a facebook... I'll joke about this later). I could tell she was very upset, so I asked her what happened. She gave me three events, each one pulling me deeper and deeper into a level of depression. First, her cousin (who is practically my aunt) went to the doctor today. An x-ray revealed a spot on her lung. I have lost many relatives to lung cancer... I'm praying it was a fluke. Second, my sister just got back from a trip with her school's band to Arkansas. When they got back, she went out to her car only to find that the windows were busted and someone had torn out her dash and stereo. I'm just thankful that she is ok. At least the car/parts can be replaced. Third, my mom got set up at work and was fired. She worked at a jail, and they took the inmates word over hers. The word "inmate" would have given me the first hint to look more into the situation, but hey, what do I know.
My day was long, but it was not even half as bad as my cousin's, my sister's or my mom's. I guess it's true when they say that no matter how bad you think things are, there is always someone else much worse off than you. Please pray for my family... pray for healing over my cousin, that the police will find out what happened with my sister's car, and that my mom will find a better, more wonderful job.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I am really sorry for all the events Kristy. I really hope every thing sets itself right.
Hope your aunt's case is just a false alarm (if not then I wish a speedy cure), hoping that such an incident never again happens to your sis (or anyone we know), just like you said your mom should find a better job this time!
You in my prayers!
P.S. I believe that blog friends can be SUCH a boost... talking from experience
Wow! When it rains it pours. I hope everything works out for the better.
Kristy,
Try and remember that in times like these, it's all about perspective. Be supportive, keep a level head and try not to get sucked into the drama. And keep blogging. I find it's very healing.
I'm on your side.
Jessie
Post a Comment