Luckily, my chiropractor has started sending out a newsletter (that oh so conveniently arrived in my inbox today). This newsletter came with an article about beating procrastination. Oh joy! After reading through, I realized that he makes a lot of sense, so I wanted to share (just on the off chance that any of you are as horrible at procrastinating as I am...).
Practical Tools to Overcome Procrastination:
- Replace "have to" with "want to." Thinking that you absolutely have to do something is a major reason for procrastination.
- Replace "finish it" with "begin it." Thinking of a task as one big whole that you have to complete with virtually ensure that you put it off.
- Replace "perfectionism" with "permission to be human." Thinking that you must do the task perfectly the first try will likely prevent you from ever getting started.
Thanks to Dr. Jim Sullivan for these helpful hints!

2 comments:
No matter what you say. You CAN'T be as bad as me!! I survived on junk food for 3 days DH was away coz I kept pushing the cooking :-)
But yeah, I would love to read that article.
Great post! I definitely needed to hear this today. Now, if you'll forgive me, I "want to" go to sleep now. :)
Post a Comment