I'm very glad it can be treated, but I feel bad because he should have been to the vet a lot sooner. I can't help but feel like it is my fault in some way. He is my cat, and he's like a son to me (so cliche, but so true). I wonder if that is how parents feel with their children. Fingers crossed that the medicine works and all his levels go back to normal. I'll keep you updated :)
May 20, 2009
George
Over a year ago I started this blog. It's funny because now I can't imagine how I made it so long without one! The friends I have made here are amazing (yeah... I'm talking to you!) and you guys are always there to cheer me up when I'm feeling a little down. I really hope that you feel the same about me too! I'm telling you this because I have a concern, and I want you to tell me that everything will be fine... mmmk? haha
Matthew and I took George to the vet today. He had been vomiting a lot (and I mean A LOT) and I was getting nervous that he couldn't put on any weight because of it (found out he only weighs 5lbs!). The vet ran some tests, and the diagnosis isn't great, but it isn't nearly as bad as it could be. She said he has hyperthyroidism and kidney disease. He's in the advanced stages of the hyperthyroidism, but it is all completely treatable. With the correction of his thyroid, his kidneys should get better too. She really freaked me out when she said he may already be in kidney failure. I had enough medical classes and have watched enough episodes of HOUSE to know that that isn't good. I really hope his medicine works! He will be on it for the rest of his life, but I don't mind as long as it keeps him healthy. I'm waiting for the pharmacist to call so we can pick it up and I can get him started on it. I was also instructed to put bowls of water EVERYWHERE and make sure he always has food so he can eat as much as he wants.
I'm very glad it can be treated, but I feel bad because he should have been to the vet a lot sooner. I can't help but feel like it is my fault in some way. He is my cat, and he's like a son to me (so cliche, but so true). I wonder if that is how parents feel with their children. Fingers crossed that the medicine works and all his levels go back to normal. I'll keep you updated :)
I'm very glad it can be treated, but I feel bad because he should have been to the vet a lot sooner. I can't help but feel like it is my fault in some way. He is my cat, and he's like a son to me (so cliche, but so true). I wonder if that is how parents feel with their children. Fingers crossed that the medicine works and all his levels go back to normal. I'll keep you updated :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Oh Kristy! I hope that he feels better soon.
I believe that the medicine will work - I am praying for it!
Keep the chin up!
Post a Comment