George had been continually losing weight and not eating. I finally decided to get him to the vet. She comes in, takes one look at him, and asks me how far I am willing to take it to get him better. Basically, she wanted to know if I wanted her to try to continue to treat him, or just let him die. Needless to say, I was a mess. I told her to do everything she could, so she put him in a heated cage and started pumping him with fluids. I cried all day long! I called them every hour to check on him. It got to where when I called the nurses would say "oh I just checked on him. I knew you would be calling soon."
Before you get too worried, he made a miraculous recovery and is home now. I brought him home yesterday and have given him all the lovings he could possibly want! I have to give him fluid once a day subcutaneously which honestly scares the crap out me (especially when he gets this big bubble of fluid under his skin... Pustulio anyone?)

(If you get the "Pustulio" joke, you are seriously awesome! If not, you are still pretty cool :) )
So he is sleeping now, and Matthew and I are getting ready to go on vacation. Please don't think me a horrible person for going on vacation when my cat just got out of the hospital. My mom and stepdad will be house-sitting, and they will take excellent care of him. We have been planning this trip for a few weeks, and we really really need it. We are going to Gatlinburg TN, and I just checked the weather that says storms all weekend... of course. Oh well. I'm sure we will have a blast.
Sorry so random.....

0 comments:
Post a Comment