You are probably sick of George posts... sorry, but here is another one.
He is yo-yo-ing like crazy. One day he is moving a little bit and looking bright eyed. The next day, well, he lays around and won't even get up to go to the litterbox. He has another vet appointment in the morning, and I am scared to death she will tell me she can't do anything else for him. If she makes me choose to either bring him home and let him go here or to euthanize him... well, that is a decision I am not ready to make. I want him here with me, but I want him to be healthy. I do not want to put him through all the treatments and medicine anymore. I can tell he is very sore and weak from his illness, but he doesn't act like he is suffering.
I just don't know what to do... So I have decided to stop trying to make the decisions, and let God call the shots. He has shown himself to me so much in the past week, and I can't avoid knowing that I need to let go and let him take control. I have been praying for George, and God has taken care of him this far, so why shouldn't I trust him to continue to do so?
A good friend of mine works at the state with me. She is the sweetest woman ever, and always has a smile on her face. This summer, I noticed she was nowhere in sight. I asked around, only to find out she had been out since February with ovarian cancer. She came back to work today and eagerly shared her story with the entire division. She is literally a walking miracle. The doctors removed a tumor the size of a watermelon from her, and she has gone through six rounds of chemo. Her cancer is now in remission. God took care of her, and once again has proven himself as God (as if he even needs to!).
It is hard, but I am re-learning to trust Him and stop trying to control everything. I should accept His will for not only my life, but the lives of those around me. I know He is watching over George and me right now, and I now that he will take care of us.
Sorry for the random post. I'm just really stressed out right now. I hope to have really good news later this week...
August 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment