July 2, 2009

What's in a name?

My job requires me to do the things that no else has time for and/or wants to do. I accepted this fact long ago, so it doesn't really bother me. Today, one of my coworkers asked me to make an order for him for some technical equipment. No prob. I called, and after talking to some idiots and playing phone tag, I finally got the person I needed to talk to. She was a little snappy with me, but I kind of expected as much and just ignored it. That is, until she said something that I could not believe. Here is the conversation:

her- "How do you spell your name? Is it C-H-R-I-S-I-E?"
me- "no, it is K-I-R-S-T-Y"
her- "ok, K-R-I-S-T-I-E"
me- "no, K-I-R-S..."
her- "hang on, I'm trying to spell it the way it should be spelled"
me- speechless

What the crap? The professional side of me decided to be the better person and not say anything, but the other side of me wanted to remark with either:

"Really, so would you like to tell me how it should be spelled because apparently I've been doing it wrong for the past 22 years"

or

"Well if you would shut up I'll tell you how it should be spelled."

I just couldn't believe it. I told my coworker about it, and he said she was usually rude. A little later he caught up with me and told me that she apologized. Apparently he kept thinking about what she said to me so he called her to confront her! I seriously work with some cool people.

Now on to something completely random, I found this and wanted to share, so enjoy :)

1 comments:

Brahmin in Boston said...

God! Really! Some people test the limit of the patience - I think they increase our tolerance to other people.

I agree that what you did was completely cool - even I would have done the same... wait... I DO the same everytime!

:-)

© Life's Little Adventures, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena