I am disappointed to have discovered that a summer with the state lends a lot less time to reading than a summer as a nanny. My reading time has been greatly hindered to my lunch breaks (except for the rare occasion when I am on switchboard duty and get to read for an hour and half total during the work day). That is why my poor book list to the right has barely changed over the past two months (holy crap summer is flying by…). So there is the excuse. It’s not a very good one, but better than nothing I suppose.
With that said, last week was one of those weird weeks when I was on switchboard for hours a day. It was during this time that I made my fourth round through the Twilight Saga… well, almost. I’m on the second book in Breaking Dawn, but it is only a matter of time. This week has been very slow, so I was also able to get in some reading yesterday and earlier today. I finally finished the last book in the Wicked Series (which wasn’t suppose to come out until July 7th, but I discovered it on the bookshelf at Walden Books July 5th *squee!*)
These books were… interesting. Yeah, I guess that is the word that I want. They tended to be quite dark, but I found it nearly impossible to put them down. The book centers around three girls who one day discover their heritage as witches. The “Cahor Witches” as their house was called, had spent centuries battling the handsome and smooth warlocks of the House of Deveraux. Within the five books you can find action and love, jealousy and lust, and the struggle of good vs evil and right vs wrong.
Like I said they are pretty dark. I don’t agree with most of the content, but neither do I believe in vampires (Edward… if you are reading this, I’m just kidding…) and werewolves (You too Jacob!) or the content of Harry Potter.
They are easy reads with the chapters broken up into sections. It flips back and forth between different characters and time periods, but each flip is clearly marked and easy to keep up with.
I would recommend these books if you really enjoy exploring alternate worlds and fantasy.
July 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
*fingers in ear*
lallalalallaalalla not hearing you not hearing you!
Girl! You said werewolves didn't exist!!
LOL!
Glad that you could complete a set of reading!
Post a Comment