September 19, 2009

Stress and comfort food.

This week has been interesting to say the least. I have found myself quite overwhelmed most of the week and wondering if I have bitten off more than I can chew. (*Warning, this may turn into a rant. If you wish you can skip on down to some really good recipes. You have been warned). I am currently taking 12 hours, which is the maximum you can take as a grad student. I also have three jobs: Office manager, grader, and babysitter. I think the office manager position causes the most stress of the three because it has the least amount of structure. The grader thing isn't hard, but the class I grade for has close to (if not over) 100 students. Imagine quizzes roughly every week having to grade and then post said grades. I also got an extra credit assignment which was interesting but 100 of them got old fast. (Just in case you are curious they had to break a social norm... yep, everything from standing the wrong way on an elevator to making their own sandwich at Subway. entertaining...). The babysitting thing is relatively easy but it is another 3 or 4 hours added to my day. So currently I have meetings, therapy, work, etc. every Monday through Thursday night keeping me out until 9:30 or so. Can you see why I'm a little overwhelmed?

Anywho, on to the fun stuff. I blogged earlier about Hungrygirl.com. If you didn't go there, shame on you (haha.. jk). So go on over there and sign up for the emails.

It's ok... I can wait....

Alright, did you do it? Good. Now let's continue.

Yesterday the email was all about chicken. There was a recipe for chicken cordon bleu which I just HAD to try... so I did. (You can click the link to see the recipe and scroll down.. I'm feeling lazy today). It was delicious and super easy. (Sorry, I know it isn't veggie... your time will come in a minute though!). I got a pack of 3 chicken breasts. I figured one for Matthew and one for me, then Matthew could eat the other one today. I let him beat the chicken thin then I salt and peppered them, spread on the cheese, layered three slices of ham on each, rolled them and cooked them. They took roughly 35 minutes to bake and were so tender I could cut them with a fork!

For the side dish I used another HG recipe known as apple slaw. This was also super easy to make and pretty tasty. It's also a good way to get in your fruit, veggies, and dairy... you know, your classic two bird one stone scenario. (except in this case it would be three birds right? ah forget it, you get the idea). You can find this recipe here. Just scroll down and it is the second recipe on the page :)

I know I usually post pics, but it all just smelled too good that I forgot. Sorry!

So what have you been up to this week?

3 comments:

Brahmin in Boston said...

Ugh... I wrote a comment and it disappeared!

Well anyway what I said in that was - I know that the job would be very stressful. Ask moi about how an office job can be so! But at least you got to enjoy an awesome meal!

One thing I noticed is that your humorous/sarcastic nature is very much seen when you are stressed!! LOL

BTW, on a side note I wanted to ask you if you ever read Fanfiction...

Brahmin in Boston said...

No no no..No need to work on the sarcastic nature! I liked the post! I just meant to comment on it!

Plus I find that sarcasm is a natural self defense against irritating people! :-D

There are some vey good fan fictions out there. I will be mailing you some shortly. Twilight related of course!

Brahmin in Boston said...

So I take it you liked Wide Awake?? :-D

Yes i read like crazy and still am not able to put down the book.

That is the advantage of taking public transpo... lotsa time to read!

Yes I am a Sam girl - in both The Saga and in Sookie series too! :-D Strange isn't it??

© Life's Little Adventures, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena