The Bestie sent me this video from "The Office" yesterday and it is absolutely hilarious.
Well, it is to me as a psychology person... I wonder if everyone else will find it as funny?
Anywho, I'm sure you have heard of Pavlov and his classical conditioning at one point in time or another... If you have you can just watch the video. If not, I'll put a little summary at the bottom.
4/'/>
More DIY videos at 5min.com
The idea of classical conditioning (or Pavlovian conditioning as it is sometimes called) is that an animal (or person) can be trained to respond to certain stimuli based on what comes after that stimuli. Pavlov used a bell and meat powder for his experiment. He would ring a bell then put meat powder on the dogs tongues. After a while, he found that the dogs would salivate when the bell would ring, even if he had not given them the meat powder. They even began to generalize to hearing his footsteps since that would come before the bell. Pretty interesting stuff I think. Being the psychology nerd that I am, if you have questions or want to know more I will gladly talk to you about it :)
October 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment