October 3, 2009

Shopping

Shopping yesterday was fun. I have always dreamed of the day I would get engaged, and while I am still waiting for that day is was a lot of fun trying on rings knowing that day is near. We tried three stores in the mall, and out of the three only two had rings that really interested me. However, there was one in particular I fell in love with.
I thought I wanted a three-stone ring with a princess cut, so I tried a few on. I liked them, but my fingers are so small (size 4.5!) that the rings looked bulky. I noticed this ring, and asked to try it on out of curiosity. I loved it. It is not as big as Matthew would have thought I would like (it is 1/2ctw) but it has a low profile (cause I'm clumsy and hit stuff all the time) and it looks good on small fingers. What I especially love is when you turn it to the side:I love that the diamond kind of "floats" in the setting. I think it is absolutely beautiful, and totally different from any other engagement ring I have seen. We even found a band that looks good with it! I'm really hoping Matthew goes with this one, although I will be thrilled with whatever he picks out. I have told him before that I don't care if he gives me a cracker-jack ring as long as it comes from him! I guess I'm just really excited that this is happening!

I'm really glad I have you guys! I can't talk to anyone about this right now in person because I want to surprise my family and I don't want to get everyone excited if for some reason it can't happen right now. No one I know reads this, so I trust you can keep the secret :)

*PS. This pics came from this site right here

2 comments:

Brahmin in Boston said...

OMG I cant believe this!!!!!!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

So sososo happy for you!!! The ring looks awesome!! Well I can't wear diamonds - coz of Indian beliefs but I wish I could!

Oh HELL YEAH!! I can keep a secret! But I am squealing as of now and have called DH to show him the ring!! :-D

*hugs*

Brahmin in Boston said...

Oh yes I LOVED the ring so much. You have got a very good taste in designs! Btw DH was laughing at how small your ring size is - I am partly relieved that I am not the only one with below size 6.5. He thought I was the smallest woman with a ring size 6...

Ha! Take that DH!

Oh I too wish I was there!! We both would have been squeeing badly and jumping up and down I am sure!

xoxo

© Life's Little Adventures, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena