After days of literally making myself sick with worry, I finally put in my two weeks notice. I was suppose to meet with one of the doctors at 2, but she is always late. Around 2:30, she finally finished with her clients, then decided she wanted to go get lunch! I did not get to tell her until almost 3. She came in, and I told her I had good news and bad news. Of course, she wanted the bad news first. So I told her I was resigning, and that my school work is suffering. I told her I overestimated my abilities, but that I have talked to a couple of classmates who are interested in the job. I also made sure she knew that I am willing to do whatever it takes to make the transition as smooth as possible. She looked like her little world had exploded! I felt so bad seeing how it affected her. I couldn't tell if she was upset or mad. I figure after a day or so to think it over and talk about it with the other doctor, things should be better by Wednesday. I have two classmates interested, so hopefully I can get them interviews for next Wednesday and training on the 30th. Voila, I train a replacement and they don't go a single day without an office manager. Now I just have to cross my fingers that it actually works out that way!
Oh well. The hardest part is over now. The rest of the day went ok. Now I have to go write papers. Fun stuff!
November 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment