This semester has been pretty rough, and has definitely taken its toll on my emotions. I visited the bestie a few weeks ago, and afterward she told me that her grandmother asked if I was ok. She said "for a bride-to-be she looks like she could slit her wrists." I guess I took that a little hard, but it made me think. (Don't worry, I am DEFINITELY not suicidal. Apparently I just LOOK that way). I am getting married in less than 6 months. This is supposed to be one of the happiest times of my life! School is really affecting that, and I hate it. So I have decided that I am not going to let school do that to me anymore.
Wedding planning should be fun, not a chore. I've been stressing over save-the-dates and trying to find a way to order them. It has really been a pain. So today I made a decision. Call me crazy, but I'm going to make my save-the-dates. Yep all 100+ of them. I'm going to be a DIY bride :) I have messed around on photoshop and actually came up with something, but I found a design today that I fell in love with. I got the picture/idea from here:
Isn't this adorable?! I think I'll put a picture on one side of the tag and our information on the other. My bridesmaids are going to hate me for making them help me, but I think it will be fun. A good chick flick, a bottle of wine (or something a little stronger)... what else could a group of girls need? To help out, though, I ordered a nifty little thing for cheap from Amazon today. So this little beauty should be showing up at my dad's by the end of the week.
This is a cricut cutter. The girls are going to love this because I will be able to mass produce the numbers instead of making them cut each one out individually. Amazon had it for $120, whereas the cricut website has it for ~$180. To make the deal sweeter, I got free shipping! Yay! It was still kind of pricey, but I know I'll use it for more wedding things and for scrapbooking, etc. I'm so excited to get it and play with it, and I can't wait to make my save-the-dates. You know I'll post pics :)
March 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
wow, that looks neat! :)
Post a Comment