April 17, 2010

Retail Therapy.

As I have said before, it has been a rough past week or so.  So last night, Matthew and I went out and I treated my problems like any self-respecting 23-yr-old female would do. I spent my money. On things I want. What an amazing concept!

Our expedition started at the mall. After grabbing some Goldstar chili dogs (yum!) we checked out a few stores. My first purchase was really a necessity more than a desire. I've been using Proactive, and I rant out of toner, so I just bought another kit. Boring. and expensive. yuck.

Next, we made our way to Payless. Oh yes. Let the therapy begin!!! I walked out with two new pairs of shoes, and kind of drooling over another pair.  The first pair I got are HOT! and believe it or not Matthew actually picked them out. I'm not sure what I will wear them with, or if I can even walk in them. But I don't care...
 LOVE them! Next, I couldn't decide between two pairs of shoes. You see, since losing weight my dress shoes have become too big. I guess my feet were wider then. So I need a pair of black shoes I can wear that look nice.  I have this pair in brown, and love them, so I got them in black.

Practical and cute. The other pair I really wanted but didn't get were super cute and would look fab with shorts (as if I ever wore shorts...). I may go back in a week or two and pick these up. Even for retail therapy I still have to think rational. sigh.


So after Payless we went to Ulta. We had just got an ad from them in the mail, and they had the bareMinerals starter kits for $60. I have always wanted to try it, but it is just so expensive. There was no way I was going to pass up this deal. I tried it out last night, and I loved the way my skin felt afterward. I'm still adjusting and learning how to apply it, but as of right now I think I made the right choice in trying it.
My shopping adventure ended at Sonic for a caramel mocha java chiller for Matthew and a diet-coke float for me. It was so nice to be out with him and be able to actually spend money on myself. I'm feeling better, but all the assignments I have due this week are creeping up on me. Plus, one of my bridesmaids is coming over tonight to work on save-the-dates. I really would rather do homework, but I told them they could volunteer to help me. Unfortunately, every time they volunteer happens to be a highly inconvenient time for me. Oh well. I guess it will help to have them done.

Have a good weekend!

2 comments:

Brahmin in Boston said...

Oh I love Payless too! The two shoes that I got were from there! I was SO going to pick up the denim one too! But it is raining here and I don't have a car so I had to pass them up. But they are such cute shoes, Kirsty!

Are Bare Minerals good? I need maximum coverage (blemishes, scars etc) so I get MAC but I have heard lots of good things about this mineral make-up. But $60 bucks IS too much! I kinda cry a little when I have to shell out $25 for my MAC... hahah.

This Little Girl Dreams... said...

payless shoes are the best! I just got two pairs from there myself! :) & I love bare minerals! At first it was hard for me to want to get it because I had some zits and the such but I braved through it and thank goodness because it made my skin sooo much better ! : ) I don't think I'll ever go back to regular foundation...

© Life's Little Adventures, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena