October 15, 2011

My Wedding Story: Part 3

3. Proposal: how it happened, how long were you engaged for? was it a total surprise? pictures of that... etc.

Matthew proposed to me on Thanksgiving of 2009.  Before going to his parent's house for dinner he took me to Cove Springs.  I've told you all about this place many times... it was the place we had our first kiss!  We walked our normal path down one of the trails to this little hidden area.   We reenacted our first kiss (headlock and all!).  After our kiss, he whispered to me "Now that I've got your here..." and got down on one knee.  He pulled the ring out of his pocket and asked me to marry him!! I hugged and kissed him so hard! His response: "So is that a yes?" With trembling hands he put the ring on my finger and that's where it has stayed! It was a perfect, intimate proposal we will never forget.  I am one VERY lucky girl!

It wasn't a total surprise but I had ruled out it happening soon.  We had been talking about it for months and I really wanted him to ask my dad for permission first and as far as I knew it hadn't happened yet.  Luckily I was very wrong! Instead of going to class the night before like he told me he had gone to Louisville to meet my dad for dinner. I had even called my dad while Matthew was there! Dad kept it quiet but he was kind of laughing at me. Now I know why!

2 comments:

Brahmin in Boston said...

Lucky girl!

I remember complaining to you that you HAD to go ahead and get engaged when I was away from my blog and was in India. LOL!!

Kirsty said...

I remember that too! I'm so sorry I have such awful timing! haha!

© Life's Little Adventures, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena