I realize I'm cutting it way close with my Thanksgiving post considering Thanksgiving will be over in 28 minutes here. Better late than never I suppose!
This time of the year is usually spent with family and appreciating everything you have. I've been thinking a lot about what I'm thankful for, so here goes nothing:
1. My wonderful husband. He is my best friend and is sooo good to m! He puts up with all my craziness (like crying when I fell outside and squished a bush and dropped my donut...) and loves me just the same. I don't know what I would do without him!
2. My family. My dad in particular is really amazing. My in-laws love me as if I were one of their own. I have a ton of siblings as well and even though I fail to realize it sometimes I am extremely blessed to have such a big family!
3. My fur-babies! Porter and Alice make me so very happy. They know just what to do to cheer me up. Even now as I'm typing, Alice is curled up on the couch next to me asleep. They are so cute I can hardly stand it!
4. My jobs. I am so blessed to have TWO jobs that allow me to help others! Teaching is amazing because I'm helping my students work towards a better life for themselves and their families. Mary Kay is completely awesome because I get to change my own life and help others change theirs as well! I also get to help my customers feel good about themselves as well. I could not have asked for a better career!
5. My home, health, and the health of those I love. Matthew and I do not have a lot of money, and honestly there are times we're not sure how we're going to pay our bills. Regardless, we make it through. We are healthy and own a beautiful home. We both have cars that run and we never go hungry. We are so fortunate and blessed beyond measure.
It's so easy to get caught up in the bad things... no money, bills, broken furnace, being overweight, etc. I'm thankful for a day that requires me to stop and realize how good I have it. Please understand I do not mean to sound braggy at all... I'm just acknowledging that all things considered, we're never as bad off as it seems.
I hope that everyone had a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving. Enjoy all your leftovers and have fun getting ready for Christmas!!
November 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Better late than never, eh? :-D
I am Thankful to have you as my BBB. You were the first American wedding that I ever attended and I am thankful for that too :)
XX
Post a Comment