January 17, 2012

Weather.

I know I've complained about Kentucky weather many times, but I believe the past week has been the worst mood swings from Mother Earth I have EVER seen!

Lets start with last Thursday.  I went to work in Taylorsville in the snow.  It was flurrying outside but nothing major on the way in.  I was there for two hours before I got sent home because the roads were covered. Ugh! On my way home I noticed the weather wasn't as bad so I ran some errands before going home. It didn't get bad here until later than night.  We got a little snow but the roads were safe the next day.  We got more snow on Saturday and again it was gone by Sunday evening. 

So move on to today.  I went to work at 9 am.  It was cold and very windy with a little bit of rain. I was at work for 2.5 hours when the tornado sirens started going off.  Yep... within the span of 6 days we went from blizzard to tornado. My coworker and I had the students climb under tables until she got a hold of someone from the school board.  They told us we had time to drive (less than a minute drive) up the hill to one of the schools.  We sat in the hallway for about 30 minutes listening to the sirens and a radio.  I was caught so off guard because no one expects a tornado in the middle of January!!

The worst part about it all? The weather is calling for snow again tonight. Seriously?! I wish things would just calm down.  At the very least I'm hoping for a very uneventful work day on Thursday!!

1 comments:

Brahmin in Boston said...

Whoaaaaaaa!! I never knew!

This time last year Boston had 40 inches of snow. This year? 4 inches. It is not even funny! People were happy when we got snow yesterday - 1 and half inches of snow. Yeah, something is definitely up!

Glad you were safe though! XX

© Life's Little Adventures, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena