February 26, 2012

Lazy Sunday.

I have been a total bum all day. I woke up around noon and have literally been sitting on the couch all day watching Bones on Netflix. Porter is stretched out on the couch next to me. Alice is curled up on the back of the couch behind me. What a life.

Besides being lazy all day, I've done a bit of thinking.

You see, today is February 26, 2012. This means that six years ago, Matthew and I became an official couple.  We usual celebrate this milestone with a trip to the Melting Pot. However, financial stress has caused us to put off our annual date. So instead of enjoying delicious fondue and melty chocolate I'm sitting on my couch with pizza and a diet pepsi.  Matthew isn't even here.  He is at work. What an anniversary!

I'll admit, this isn't really that big of a deal.  Now that we are married, I consider our wedding anniversary much more important.  In fact, our "dating" anniversary was just the day we decided to become official. We were technically dating for a few months before then... we just decided to call it what it really was.

As far as I'm concerned, all I need from him for today is an "I love you" and a few kisses (wink wink).  Six years ago we began on a journey that has been wonderful.  We have never had those fights where we thought maybe we wouldn't work out.  He treats me so well and spoils me rotten.  I couldn't have asked for a better partner in life and I'm so glad I said "yes" on 2/26/06.

So Happy Dating Anniversary Matthew. I love you  more than I could ever say!

0 comments:

© Life's Little Adventures, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena