If we are friends on Facebook you know about the horrible awful thing that happened today to one of my church friends. Her 6 year old son was riding his bike when he was literally run-over by an SUV. He died at the hospital.
My heart is absolutely broken for this family. We were all really close when I went to church. I remember when she had him! Even though I have not spoken to any of them in a while, I still cannot even fathom the pain they are going through with this loss.
One thing that has NOT crossed my mind is blaming the parents.
I wish I could say the same for others.
The story was posted on our local news website and I had to stop reading the comments. One woman was practically bashing my friend and completely blaming her for the accident.
This makes me sick to my stomach and I wish I could just slap her. How dare she kick the parents when they are already down! She doesn't even know them and doesn't know the situation. Accidents happen, especially with children. In a blink of an eye life can change and there is absolutely nothing we can do about it. People who want to place blame when a tragedy happen need a reality check. It was as if she considered herself a better parent because something tragic has not happened to her child. It really boils my blood.
I can't believe how insensitive people can be. What this family needs now is support and prayer. Not bashing and parenting lessons. This precious child has older brothers and loving parents and grandparents who are all mourning his passing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Very true, Kirsty.
I can't fathom the insensitivity that the person is showing. I think it is basically due to the anonymity that the "comments" provide. I bet she wouldn't say that if she knew your friend.
Blame is the easiest game anyone can play. Be strong for your friend. I am glad that the siblings have so much support & people to love.
Thanks Raji. I'm glad they have the support as well.
Post a Comment