Ever since I quit teaching I have had trouble getting a regular (beneficial) sleep schedule. I stay up late to spend time when Matthew when he gets home from work after midnight. Because I'm up so late I sleep all day, then repeat the cycle again.
This schedule is just not cutting it for me. My only job now is my Mary Kay business. My business required contact with other people... this contact is most beneficial during the day. Could you imagine how many customers I would lose if I only contacted them at night?!
So because of my sleeping habits my business and health are suffering. I've lost three pounds the past two weeks because I sleep instead of eat. Don't get me wrong, I need the weight loss, but that is definitely not the way to do it!
I'm trying to work myself into a new schedule or make myself stay up. I'm find when I have somewhere to be in the mornings. I get up and stay up as long as I have something to keep me busy. But when all I have is working on my computer and making phone calls I just can't seem to pull myself out of bed. I know Matthew is annoyed with me too because his income is not enough to support us alone. We REALLY need my business to take off, and soon!
What do you do when your sleeping is off? I'd love to hear ideas and suggestions to motivate me to go to bed earlier or make myself get up at a regular time instead of 6pm like I did today...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
How about rewarding yourself? Have a pampering session or which ever "reward" you feel like giving yourself when you have successfully put yourself to bed at a sensible hour?
Or how about making the bedroom a deadline zone where there are no computers/cellphones and you need to be in at a certain time? :)
Not bad ideas :) Definitely liking the deadline zone idea. I feel miserable all the time and I'm positive it's because of my sleeping.
When my sleep schedule is off, I try to cut out all caffeine and exercise more. Those items help make me tired. I also try and eliminate computer/TV right before bed. Hope you get back to it soon!
Post a Comment