January 17, 2013

2013

Wow. Is it 2013 already?

I can hardly believe how fast 2012 went by (and yes, I'm aware that January is over halfway over with. No surprise I'm a little behind over here!).

So far this year has been uneventful, not that I'm complaining! I finally got around to taking down our Christmas decorations. Alice was against it, spreading herself out across the tree branches as I tried to take the tree apart. It was a close call but I came out victorious!

I have some big plans for this year. Let's see how many of them actually come true :)

1. Mary Kay events/directorship. I want to attend every.single.training I possibly can, including Career Conference in March and Seminar again in July. Even more important is I want to attend Career Conference as a Team Leader (at least 5 active team members) and on target for a free car (2013 Chevy Cruze). I want to debut at Seminar as a brand new director! I'm so tired of living paycheck to paycheck.

2. Travel. I am planning a trip to Washington in May since my BFF is expecting her first child that month. I can't wait to see my friends and meet my sweet nephew! Matthew and I would also like to take a trip to Florida this year. We have friends (who are also expecting their first child) who live there and we usually go every other year to visit. Who knows where else we may go, besides Dallas for Seminar.

3. Baby, maybe? The only thing stopping us from trying is our financial situation. Once my business really takes off money will no longer be an issue (in theory).

4. Home repairs/redecorating. Pinterest is going to be the death of me, seriously. I have so many ideas for things around the house. We need a new deck, for sure. I want to paint a few rooms, put up shelves in our laundry room, and paint our office. We also need window treatments in most of the house and we need to replace light bulbs in a lot of places. I'd also like to get the front yard looking decent with a tree and some more flowers.

5. Volunteering. I started training this week so I can be a literacy tutor and help adults in my community learn how to read. I really miss the environment of the adult education center and I think this is a fabulous way for me to expand my knowledge help out in my community. My best subject is math, so stretching my muscles in reading should be a great experience.

6. Last but not least, blog more! I miss my little blog something awful. I've been feeling pretty down the past few months (stupid depression) and felt like I didn't have anything valuable to say. But who cares? It's my blog so I can write whatever I want, right?

What are some of you plans for this year? I'd love to hear from you!

0 comments:

© Life's Little Adventures, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena