So... my last post was in 2013. 2013 people! My goodness.
A lot has changed since then and yet, nothing has changed. I know, I know.. it sounds ridiculous.
Matthew and I are still loving our little home and our furbabies. We are still without the two-legged baby variety, but I'm ok with that for now. He still has the same job he had two years ago and I am still a Mary Kay consultant.
However, in the last two years we adopted another furbaby (his name is Jasper and he is the sweetest, cuddliest cat I've ever known) and I was blessed with a full time job with the state. My stepsister had a sweet baby boy last June and my sister got engaged around Christmas. We also recently found out that my sister-in-law is giving us another sweet nephew in July.
I've become absolutely obsessed with A Cappella music... mainly a group called VoicePlay. I swear I could listen to them 24/7 (and sometimes do, much to Matthew's chagrin).
My mom and my stepfather got divorced, which was actually a relief. Some relationships just aren't meant to last forever, and that's ok. She is now in a relationship with a wonderful woman (yes, woman. She's a lesbian, get over it) who has the most amazing little boy. Matthew and I are his Godparent's and he adores Matthew to death. He is 7 and is at such a fun age.
And last but not least, we lost my cousin just before Christmas last year. Today would have been her 62nd birthday. Maybe that's why I got the urge to blog today? I don't know. Her death has been the hardest for me to accept compared to everyone else I've lost in my nearly 28 years. I'm still coping, and probably will for a while.
I think I'll expand on all these new things in their own posts eventually. At least I feel like that's the best way to document them and do them justice. It feels weird to be back, but definitely a good weird.
March 8, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Welcome back!!
Keeping up with blogging is definitely a challenge :) Isn't it?! I am so sorry to hear about your loss but at the same time there are positive changes happening in life so there's that! I am so glad that your mom is taking is in stride... That was a surprise too! :)
Please do keep blogging I love to read about you and yours! :)
I figured you would be happy :) It is definitely harder, especially considering being an adult comes with more not-so-fun responsibilities. I've missed it, though, and it's nice to be back :)
Post a Comment