June 24, 2008

burnt to a crisp

This morning did not start off well. I got up when my alarm went off (didn't snooze, which is a miracle in itself). I got ready to go babysit today, and while I was heading out the door I got a phone call from the mom I babysit for. She gave me a whole new set of instructions for today which caught me off guard. She wanted me to take the kids (hers, and another one I pick up from camp and take back to his house) to lunch and then the pool after I picked them up from camp. I had barely any time and had to run around trying to get my pool stuff together and find out where the pool was that she wanted me to take them to. I was very stressed and mad that she waited until the last minute to tell me. I am no the kind of person that can just do things spontaneously. I need time and planning, especially when I'm going somewhere I have never been before. To make everything better, when we got to the pool, the other kid's sitter had been sitting outside for an hour waiting for him. Apparently the other boy's mother didn't know I was taking them to lunch (which is what my boss said this morning). The whole thing was just a huge mess. After that was straightened out though, everything got better. The kids played in the pool and I sat out and got to relax and enjoy the sunshine (hence the title of this blog...) It was the first day I had spent laying out by the pool since my vacation started. Actually, it was the first time in 3 years since I had worked at the office the past three summers. Anyway, I'm waiting for Matthew to get home and we are going out to eat. Looking forward to spending time with him and relaxing for the rest of the afternoon!

0 comments:

© Life's Little Adventures, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena