My freshman year at UK, I made friends with the girl that lived across the hall in my dorm. She didn't have a roommate, so I told her she could hang out with my roommate and me. We became pretty close, and decided to get an apartment together for the next school year with another friend. Despite a couple of problems with our roommates, we had fun hanging out and just talking. Some stupid stuff came up, and we parted ways for almost a year without talking to each other. Last night, I decided to email her and try to rebuild our friendship. To my surprise, she responded saying she felt the same way and misses our friendship. I was so excited, because I missed her and I missed spending time with her. I was beginning to feel like I hadn't really lived the "college life" because the only really close friends I have I met in high school. She was one of the few friends I had from UK that I could actually hang out with outside of school. Happy that we were talking again, I sent another email trying to set up a time to get together and catch up. Little did I know, that time would come a lot sooner than I thought...
Matthew and I went out tonight since he had the night off. We went to Gattitown to eat, then went to the mall to walk around, talk, and window-shop. We were about finished with the mall and were walking to the side of the store where we parked when we ran into, guess who... my old friend(Hanh) and her boyfriend! We greeted each other with huge hugs, chatted for a little bit, then set up a dinner date for tomorrow. It was as if nothing had happened between us! I am so inspired and in awe of how God works! If I hadn't emailed her yesterday, I would have hid from her, too embarrassed to try to communicate. I truly believe that this was all part of something so much bigger than I am. For some reason, we were suppose to spend time apart, and reunite today. I don't know why things happen the way they do, but I am certainly not complaining. I have a good friend back, and while our friendship may be a little strained at first, I am sure that we will work through everything to regain the bond we had two years ago as freshmen.
This is Hanh, our RA from freshman year(Mary), and me...
0 comments:
Post a Comment