July 20, 2008

Birthday Cake

So today was fun. I slept in which was totally awesome. I didn't get up until close to noon which I hardly do anymore, but I really needed to catch up on some zzzz's lol Nola and I finally decorated dad's birthday cake. I bought a pan that is shaped like a race car in front of a checkered flag. We iced it and everything and it looked really good:


So I guess I need to backup a little because this cake is filled with inside jokes. First off, there was a car at the race last night that was number 2, but for the last race it couldn't be that number. To fix it, they crossed red duct tape over the 2 and put a piece of cardboard in the window with the number 55 written in the duct tape. OK, so the other part is that for the past 10 years dad tells us that it is his 29th birthday (I'll spare him the telling of his actual age... but I can guarantee it is more than 29 :D ). So to be funny, we numbered the car 29 then crossed it out with red icing. Isn't that cute? He really seemed to like it. I did the border around the bottom, and it was my first time doing a border, so I'm impressed with my cake decorating abilities lol.

After all of that, I played my game for a little bit, and dad came in. I let him play (which was quite entertaining) and he wasn't too bad for his first time lol. Later, we had dinner, and Nola and I spent well over an hour just talking. I learned a lot about her and her childhood. This time was nice because, although she has been married to my father for years, I have not really gotten a chance to just sit down and talk and get to know her. But anyway, dinner was good, and I just got finished watching Batman Begins with dad. I'm ready for more sleep and for any adventures tomorrow may bring :)

0 comments:

© Life's Little Adventures, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena