July 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!

So today is my dad's birthday. I got up this morning around 10 (I really needed to sleep in a little bit) and showered and packed to come up to Indiana. I had a ton of things to bring with me, and still needed to run a couple of errands before I could be on my way though. After I took care of everything, I hit the road and got here around 1 this afternoon. I gave dad his present which he really liked. It is a pencil sharpener shaped like a monster, and when you put the pencil in it's mouth, it makes a chewing sound then it burps when you pull the pencil out. He has a thing for monsters and toys, so he really enjoyed it :D We had lunch, and I helped Nola make the icing for dad's birthday cake (which we have yet to actually decorate....). I didn't really do much else besides hang out with dad and play my DS. We left after my stepsister, Saisha, got home and went to get dinner and go to the Sportsdrome in Clarksville. It is a racetrack, and they do oval races and figure 8 races. We got really good (although extremely uncomfortable) seats, and for each race we would each pick a car to win. Once of my choices actually won a race, but the rest basically just crashed lol. We were having fun, and then this woman in the next section of seats started a fight with another woman, which resulted in her being handcuffed and walked outside. It was awful, especially since the entire set of bleachers was the "family section" and she used some very profane language. I mean, there were little kids around her and she was just cussing the other lady out. It was embarrassing to me that a grown woman could be that stupid and thoughtless. Regardless of her behavior, we tried to watch the last race which was one of the figure 8 races. It was really scary when a car would either get really far behind, or far ahead, and would cross with the other cars. No one wrecked, but there were a couple of close calls. We decided that they probably practice that so they can avoid hitting each other. There was, however, a HUGE pileup during the race before that. Actually, I can't even say during because the race hadn't technically started yet. Anyway, it was an interesting night. I'm laying down and will probably mess around on my computer for a little while then go to bed. I'm not sure what we are doing tomorrow, so I want to get my rest.

0 comments:

© Life's Little Adventures, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena