Friday evening, Amanda and I began an adventure. It was the longest road trip we have gone on just the two of us. We left for what was suppose to be a straight-shot-2-hour-trip.... We drove for 3 hours, and there was absolutely
NOTHING straight about that road! We drove down to Albany, Kentucky to go to Dale Hollow Lake. A family friend owns a trailer and a boat down there, and let the family borrow it for the week. We did ok, except for one little spot in Danville... we were suppose to stay on 127, and didn't know that it turned right in Danville, so we went straight onto 150. It's ok though... we had never been on 150 and wanted to see it hahaha! We weren't on it for very long though before realizing we were on the wrong road. Thank goodness for my GPS, my little Garmin Nuvii. Anyway, we made it ok, but it got dark fast and the last 45 minutes of road were nothing but curves. It was scary, but we got through it lol. We were the last ones to get there! It was my Dad, Nola, Chelsea and her friend, my stepsisters Kelsey, Saisha, and Janae, and Kelsey's boyfriend. Luckily, they had just eaten dinner so we got to eat and then went to bed. We slept out on the closed-in patio with Chelsea and her friend. On Saturday, we went out on the lake. We spent the entire day out there, and it was sooo much fun. I had never been on a boat before, and had never been swimming in a lake either. It was a little gross, but I kind of just ignored it lol. We brought a big tube, and Dad pulled it behind the boat. I didn't get on it, but it was entertaining watching everyone else and seeing how long before they would tip or fall off. We left very very early this morning, and were just exhausted! I had a blast, but I am very happy to get to sleep in my own bed tonight!
Here are some pictures from our adventures:
The view from the back of our boat

Kelsey and Janae (I think) on the tube

Our wonderful Captain!

Here is a video of Kelsey and Janae tubing... and wiping out.....
0 comments:
Post a Comment