September 29, 2008

Amazing Weekend

This past weekend was totally exhausting, but completely worth it. I have a few pictures, and I'll put them up later.

First, Saturday was the UK vs WKU football game. A group of us were volunteering for the United Way during that game to collect money. We all got matching t-shirts and yellow "volunteer" stickers (Matthew ended up wearing ALL of our stickers by the end of the night lol). The first half of the game we took up money. Our legs are killing us today from having to squat in the aisles while waiting for the bucket. If we don't squat, people yell at us for blocking their view.... Anywho, after we finished collecting the money, we dropped it off by the police section in the stadium and went to our seats. We had to hike to them! They were in the upper level and about four or five rows from the top! At least it was nice and cool up there :D We watched the bands at half time. I got to see Chelsea march, then UK's band marched. We decided to go ahead and leave, so I went over to see Chelsea first, then we went to Taco Bell (random, I know). UK ended up winning the game 41 to 3 (OUCH!). I'm excited that we won, but I feel kind of sorry for WKU for getting beat oh so badly.

Today is Matthew's birthday (happy birthday!!!!) so we spent most of the weekend celebrating. I made him an awesome (if I do say so myself ;D ) cake, and he keeps saying how much fun he has had this weekend. We went to his parents house this weekend for his birthday dinner, and today I took him out to dinner and then to the mall. It has just been a wonderful past couple of days.

0 comments:

© Life's Little Adventures, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena