January 12, 2009

Another rant... sorry

So now I am really stressed out. I despise the first week of classes because they bring nothing but pain and that horrible sound of an empty wallet. I have to get my textbooks tomorrow. This in itself is bad enough, but when you consider everything else it just keeps getting worse. To start, I want to drop one of my classes in exchange for an online course (with a much cheaper book), but the professor has yet to reply to my email asking for an override since the course is full. Honestly, how does an online course fill up??? Anyway, so now I can't decide if I should buy the books for the first class, buy the book for the online class, or just get them both and take back whichever one(s) I don't need. I want to be sure to get them used, but I'm not sure I can afford them all at the same time. AAAHHHH! Also, I have requested books off of ukbookexchange and the people have yet to get in touch with me about them. The books are super super cheap, but if the people are not going to follow through, I'll be left buying those books new from the bookstore (I can hear my debit card whimpering at the thought). I hate having to rely on total strangers for things like this, especially when they can't seem to hold up their end of the bargain.

To add to this, I found out yesterday that my cousin has picked out the dress I'm suppose to wear in her wedding this summer. This was also the time I found out that she wanted me in her wedding. I found out from my mom. My cousin has not called to ask me, she just assumed I would. Of course I will, but it's the principle. This part I don't mind, though, as much as the dress. Apparently it is pink.....and green.... in camo form! I have nothing against camo (at least when one is hunting or such), but I have never worn it in my life, and never thought the first time would be during a wedding. I'm kind of freaking out over it. I guess I will just have to deal though. If that's what she wants, then I guess that's what it will be. I'll get over it in a day or two I'm sure.

Sorry about all the ranting. It's been a long day. I hope to have a much lighter post tomorrow. On a happier note, though, I'm glad to have readers now! I was starting to feel a little crazy just typing away to myself. To all my new visitors, welcome! I hope you enjoy what you read, and feel free to stop by anytime and leave me some love :D

*update: I just got the email about the lab meeting on thursday. I'm totally shocked!

2 comments:

Brahmin in Boston said...

Haha what are blogs for if not ranting?! I completely agree with you on the fact that it has to be a principle that people have to invite you to their wedding - thats just how its supposed to be!

Thanks for the welcome though!
BiB

Anonymous said...

Rant away!

I've been doing that very thing on my blog - about bridesmaid duties! I personally thing it's atrocious that you have to shell out money for a pink and green camo dress. That's hideous!

© Life's Little Adventures, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena