Matthew and I have had a wonderful weekend together. We enjoy going out and doing things, but some of our best days together have been days spent on the couch watching television together. We have pretty much been lazy most of the weekend, really only going out for groceries. Since there really wasn't anything on tv, we decided to start reading again tonight. I pulled out the Oreos, and poured a couple of glasses of chocolate milk, and a coffee mug of white milk (for oreo dipping of course). He was finishing up something so I decided to look outside to see if it was snowing (Now, I know how much I complain about the cold. I really really don't like the cold, but I LOVE snow.) To my surprise it was, but not the little bitty flurries we have gotten lately. No, it's the big fluffly flakes that I have missed so much! I feel like Kentucky doesn't get just snow anymore. It's always snow and ice. Well, tonight it is just the snow (for now at least), and it is beautiful!
My apartment is on the third floor, and we have a huge patio, with the big glass patio doors (obviously). It is great because I can look outside and see the entire parking lot, the little area of grass and trees, and the road, as well as the apartment complex across the street. While admiring the wonderful view, I noticed a couple of guys in the parking lot. They were fashioning snowballs off of the backs of cars and the ground, and chasing eachother. They slipped and slid all over the lot, laughing the entire time as they blasted each other with the snowballs. I'm not sure why, but I really loved watching it. It made me truly happy to vicariously indulge in the simple pleasures of a snowball fight, without a care in the world. To see the smiles and hear the laughter reminded me what this season is really about. I forgot about everything that has been stressing me out and bothering me, and I went back in time to the carelessness of childhood. I remembered snowball fights with my dad and sister. My sister and I would make a fort under the big fir tree in the front yard. The branches were weighed down with snow, so we thought it an appropriate hiding place. My dad, however, was smarter than us, so instead of trying to invade our fort, he would throw the snowballs at the tree. This would loosen the snow from the branches which would conveniently (for him anyway) fall on top of us. Oh the good ol days :)
I wish that I could take pictures of this wonderful (and rare) occasion of winter beauty, but my camera a)sucks in the dark and b)would probably mess the picture up anyway. Maybe there will still be some snow tomorrow that I can photograph. Fingers crossed :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Aww! Thanks for your wishes! I hope to get better too... ::sigh::
Post a Comment