January 16, 2009

Freezing!

I'm so over this cold right now. It's in the single digits, with wind chills below zero. RIDICULOUS! And of course I had to go out, even though today is my day off. Naturally, I got a text this morning from missing bookexchange girl (I'll call her MBG for short haha). MBG wanted to meet at 11 on campus. I got the text at 9:50 while snuggled up toasty warm in bed. Not a happy camper. I got up staring at MBG's text message saying "I hate you" (I'm not really a morning person, obviously). So I get myself up, throw on some layers and head out the door. At least she showed up early and I got all of the books. I then headed down to the bookstore and returned the books I had bought already for that class, and the book for the online class.

OK, now for that story. After waiting 5 days for a response to my request for an override, I get this message yesterday:

"Kirsty, I typically do not provide overrides as it is offered Spring, Summer, and Fall + there is another section of the course available. If you have a compelling reason, I will entertain it."

What... the...crap. Now, perhaps some of it is my fault for not telling her my life story in the email. She doesn't know that this is my last semester... and that the other section is a night class. But her class is a freakin online class. Surely she can fit in one more without complaint right? My tuition pays her salary... how in the world does she have the audacity to talk to me like that? "I will entertain it?" ????????? I've decided that while I do have a compelling reason, I am not responding to this message. I do not want her grading my stuff for the class. So I'm keeping my schedule, taking the writing class as pass/fail, and hoping for the best.

On to better news, I watched the little girl on Wednesday. I want to be able to talk about her, but I don't want to use her name so I'll have to think of something to call her. I'm open to suggestions! Anyway, she was an absolute doll! When her mom left she started to cry, but I sat down and held a toy up for her and she immediately stopped. It... was... amazing! She has started modeling, so she repeated a lot of the things that Matthew and I did. For one, Matthew was taking a nap on the couch. She pulled herself up to look at him, then she sat down, then laid down on the floor! She didn't fall, she did in intentionally! How cute is that? She also repeated some sounds I made while feeding her. I don't see a lot of problems except that she likes to be in the kitchen and open cabinets. I'm going to have to fix them so she can't get into anything. It's a small fix though, so I don't mind.

I plan on enjoying the rest of my friday indoors where it's nice and warm. I hope everyone has a wonderful friday and an even better weekend. Stay warm!

1 comments:

Brahmin in Boston said...

ha! I have named this cold "booger freezing cold"!! On a positive note - we don't have a runny nose...

I too watched a kid for a month a year back which led me to find a job... long story

BTW yesterday I made by DH watch The Scorpion King just so that I could show him "Carlisle" of Twilight :-)

© Life's Little Adventures, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena