So Kentucky is literally a big skating rink. We are in a "state of emergency" and a lot of people don't have power. This morning, I was one of them. About 5 or 6 hours later, it was back on. Thank goodness for battery backups! It came on about 15 minutes before Matthew came home from work (yes Best Buy was open. His boss had to come pick him up because his truck hates snow)... naturally! It could have been a lot worse. My mom had to drive down to Berea to pick up my stepbrother and his roommate because Berea closed down and all the students had to be off campus by 5pm today. Absolutely insane.
So back to the snow day, I had no intentions of going to campus today regardless of whether or not we had class. I only have lab hours and work so no big deal. Yesterday, however, should have been canceled. We were on a delay so I didn't have class until 11. They finally decided to close campus at 3:30 after someone fell and got hurt. Amanda had little spike things on her shoes, so she would break through the ice, pull me (because I was having to skate on the ice) and then take another step. It was madness. Some people seemed to enjoy it though. We watched one guy run and slide on the sidewalk a couple of times. One time he did it, he lost his balance, and tumbled forward only to quickly end up back on his feet. We laughed, but he did it to himself so we didn't feel so bad :)
So that you can enjoy the skating rink that is Kentucky, I took some pictures. Enjoy :D
Hope they don't fall on my car.

4 comments:
If you get professional help please enroll me into that class too!!!
OMG I have dragged my DH to watch Twilight :-) And the biggest thing is he is liking it. You like Jacob - I have taken a fancy to Emmett! ;-) Not sure why!!!
I am gonna read more of the series.
Boston is crazy! I came home early today because of the snow.
oooh a new blog background! I like it!!
Yeah me and my friend T talked about Cullens so much that she dreamt that her crush looked like Emmett and now I blush (can you believe that?? BLUSH) when I watch Twilight!! I NEVER BLUSH.... never
Hey Kristy, I just on the new today about the power outages in KY and near by states. I hope you are doing ok & so are ppl around you. I heard that there have been many deaths too!! This feels like what happened in Boston & New Hampshire in the early Dec....
Is this ice insane or what! And I hear more is on the way!
Post a Comment