February 3, 2009

Bubble

So everyone has seen Finding Nemo by now, right? (if not.. go rent it because it is super cute) So you know the fish that is obsessed with bubbles? That's me.

I'm not obsessed with bubbles in a literal sense, and it really isn't bubbles in the plural.. just one bubble... mine. I don't like it when people get too close. It really creeps me out unless I know that person very well (like my bff or Matthew for example). Anyway, so I get really uncomfortable when someone enters my personal space.. my bubble.

I know you know there is a story coming... so here goes. There is this guy that I have been friends with since August. He is an ok guy, I guess, but he is super friendly. I can handle him in small doses when there is a good 6 or 7 feet between us, but any closer than that and he is obnoxious. I unfortunately have a class with him. I don't want to be mean, and dislike him, but he has been very rude and made me feel quite uncomfortable, so I feel I have a right to be mean a little bit. Whenever he talks to me, he leans in and I can smell his breath (indicator one that someone is WWWAAAYYYY too close). He also steals my armrest. The desk folds out from under the right armrest, and he always puts his left arm on it. I politely asked him if I could have my armrest back one day, and he fought with me saying that technically half of it was his. I just put the desk down and used my lap. So today I switched sides, and he kept his elbow in my ribs practically the entire time. I don't know what to do with this boy, but I know he's driving me insane. I don't want to be mean, like I said, but I'm going to have to sit somewhere else. He isn't in to me in a romantic way, and I don't think he tries to be mean, I just don't think he knows any better. I don't know what to do, because I don't want to hurt his feelings, but he shouldn't be so rude to me and make me feel so uncomfortable. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Brahmin in Boston said...

I think even he knows that he is driving you insane. I am also very bad at being mean to people. But they drive you crazy... and for that matter better he than you. Try to avoid his "space" as far as possible. My suggestion - escape!!!

I had the same problem with a guy in my college. I ran whenever I saw him on the horizon! One day he got irritated & confronted me very rudely about this. I was sooo POed about this that I gave him left & right then and there.... Very very liberating experience- believe me!! :-D

Brahmin in Boston said...

I have the most sappiest & cheesiest song ever on my iPod...! Thank God some one is with me!
:-)

© Life's Little Adventures, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena