February 18, 2009

Drugs are bad

The doctor prescribed cough medicine for me. You might be asking now "so?" and I'm going to tell you. This cough medicine has codeine in it... and it is my friend. I have slept soooo well the past two nights. It's amazing!!! The only problem is that I have to get up early for class, so I don't really get the chance to sleep it all off. So today at work I had problems keeping my eyes open. I sat at my desk doing whatever I could to stay awake. I'm facing the same issue now while doing homework and such (homework.... yeah right haha). From this I now bring you the "10 best things to say if you get caught sleeping at your desk." I got this in an email a year or two ago, and I wanted to share.

The 10 best things to say if you get caught sleeping at your desk:

10. "They told me at the blood bank this might happen."

9. "This is just a 15 minute power nap they raved about in the time management course you sent me to."

8. "Whew! Guess I left the top off the Whiteout. You probably got here just in time."

7. "I wasn't sleeping! I was meditating on the mission statement and envisioning a new business strategy."

6. "I was testing my keyboard for drool resistance."

5. "I was doing a highly specific Yoga exercise to relieve work-related stress.. Are you discriminatory toward people who practice Yoga?"

4. "Darn! Why did you interrupt me? I had almost figured out how to handle that big accounting problem."

3. "Did you ever notice sound coming out of these keyboards when you put your ear down real close?"

2. "Who put decaf in the wrong pot?!?"

And the number 1 best thing to say.....

1. Raise your head slowly and say, "...in Jesus name, Amen."

I hope you laughed as much as I did. There really isn't anything going on for inspiration for a real post, so please accept my pathetic attempt in not abandoning my blog....

1 comments:

Brahmin in Boston said...

OMG! I would be so embarrassed if someone catches me sleeping at my desk... but you know what sleeping at my job is completely unthinkable!
I sometimes even can't scratch my butt! (Errrm... but still manage to write the comments on blog friend's post!)

© Life's Little Adventures, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena