February 16, 2009

Enchilada Night

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

I meant to make this post Saturday or Sunday, but turns out my allergies were not allergies at all. I have bronchitis and I was out for most of the weekend (by out I mean passed out, of course). So now that I am somewhat conscious, I can finally make my first recipe post ::cue whistles and streamers::

Friday night, Amanda (known from here on out as the bestie) and her boyfriend came over for dinner. We had enchiladas, salad, and strawberry daquaris. It was suppose to be margaritas, but none of us can handle tequila...

Anywhoodle, here is my recipe for enchiladas :)
You will need:
  • 1 lb of ground beef
  • 1 box of spanish rice (I like Zatarains)
  • 1 can of diced tomatoes (I use a 10oz can with chiles)
  • 3 10oz cans of enchilada sauce
  • 8 tortilla shells
  • shredded cheese
First you prepare the rice as directed on the package. It will call for a 15oz can of crushed tomotoes, but I use the 10oz can and it is just fine. Also, if you like the spice, get it with chiles in it. Brown and drain ground beef. I add a chopped onion into the beef to soften up. You can add whatever you like. Mix the rice, beef, and 1 and 1/2 cans of the enchilada sauce together.



Next, you fill each tortilla with the beef mixture, top with a handful of shredded cheese, and roll it up placing it seam side down in a 9x13 pan. I line the pan with foil for easy cleaning.


Once all the shells are full, top with the remaining enchilada sauce and cheese, then bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese melts.

This recipe is soooo easy, and it is really tasty too :) They are very filling though, but they make excellent leftovers. Make it your own by adding in things to spice it up (or down). If you decide to try it, let me know how it turns out and if you like it! Also, do you like this idea? I don't want to make posts that no one wants to read. Tell me what you think, and what kind of recipes you would like to see. I am very open to your suggestions!

3 comments:

Brahmin in Boston said...

Thanks so much Kristy! I know what you mean by zoning out. I was zoned out for three days straight! :-)

Seriously if there is a 20 something blogger's meet in KY then surely count me in!! So much in common between us!

BTW loved your recipes idea - I would have done them too but it wold require all the Indian Masalas :-D

Brahmin in Boston said...

You know right that the 1st meet up was planned in Boston? It was moved to Chicago :-(

I would feel very awkward without knowing anyone there and also very lesser known blog :-) I would be sitting in a corner nursing my cup of coffee LOL

Brahmin in Boston said...

Oh so that is the one thing that is different in us! :-) I LOVE coffee.

But yeah you should try and come here... The same case here too DH has started a blog but he is not very regular about it - both Matthew and DH are going down the same path!!

© Life's Little Adventures, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena